Friday, June 7, 2013

Change (Life Lessons with Izzy)




    Change.  It is something we must all face at one point or another in our lives.  Often times we have absolutely no control over what changes come our way.   Sometimes we, ourselves, can be the catalyst of great change.  Change is simultaneously frightening and exciting.  There is no road map to follow, no instruction manual, and no guarantee on what may be found on the other side.

   Change is something that I became well acquainted with at a very young age.   I moved once every few years growing up and in that time I learned a lot about change.  My life forced me to change schools, change houses, and even at times change countries.  I learned to embrace it all.  Sometimes, we would move to a place and the kids would all think I was completely weird.  While other times we would move and I would be welcomed into the social fold as if I had always been a part of the pack.

   I think the thing I took away from my upbringing the most was that change is inevitable.  No matter how I may wish for things to always be as they are something will shift.  Change finds us all in the end.  But I don't have to let change control me or make me cower in fear.  I can face the changes that come my way.  I can face the circumstances I am met with and I can make the absolute best of total crap situations.  It is all entirely in my power.

   I understand that there are situations where it seems impossible to look on the bright side.  Where in fact there is only a slightly less dark side to be seen in the grand scheme.  But, even in those situations, I have learned that it is not permanent.  That darkness will not last forever because like always change will come again.  I have come to realize that I cannot linger in the past no matter how lovely the past may be.  I must face the changes that come my way.  I must decide how I will react to the changes, good or bad, and move forward with my life.  Without change, we become stagnant.




Izzy is faced with a great many changes in her life.  She finds out things about her past and herself that she never knew.  She can let this change swallow her whole or she can embrace it and see where it may lead.
 
"My dreams were her trying to warn me.  There was someone after me for a reason

I had yet to discover.  I felt as though the past twenty four years of my life had been a lie.
I needed to know more.  I needed to feel like I had at least a semblance of control over
my life.  And on top of everything Kennan was being too nice.  It was freaking me out.
I took a steadying breath and sat up.  It was time I got my head wrapped around
all of this."- Izzy in "See How She Runs"



The release is getting closer... just a few short months away!  Keep coming back for more life lessons with Izzy!

xoxo,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, with out change we become stagnant. Change happens all the time around us, in subtle ways and in very big, in your face ways. We just have to embrace it and roll with it.

    ReplyDelete