I will do just about anything to get out of writing somedays. The other day, I decided to make over my writing chair. It is an old chair from our first dining room set. We needed a chair in our bedroom and I decided just to keep that one. So here is the sort of before and after of this little project. (I forgot to take a picture with the original red seat cover on so this is what was underneath the fabric.)
So the above picture is right after I had taken the original seat cover off and sanded the blazes out of it.
Here the chair is all finished. My upholstery skills obviously need a little work, but I didn't bleed on the chair so I consider it a success. I am really happy with the antique finish and the color. Woohoo. Now I guess I have to get back to writing. No more excuses!