Sunday, July 21, 2013

See How She Fights

For all of you that are patiently awaiting the release of my second novel "See How She Fights," I have some news for you.  Well, more of an update about the progress.  I have made it to 60,000 words and I can honestly say I am in love with this story.  I loved Izzy's first story as I wrote it, but now I have a new favorite. 

In the first book, I had to spend a great deal of time setting up the world and the story.   I felt like I would never get to the action.  Well, book two drops you straight into the mix.  From the first page, Izzy is set on the course of a journey she never could have expected. 

If you liked the action in the first book, you will absolutely love the second one.  Izzy is faced with new responsibilities, a mystery that may be the end of her, and dealing with people that won't be straight with her.  As her world gets flipped on her ear once more, she is forced to make some very hard choices. 

I absolutely can't wait until this book is ready for the presses.  I am just so proud of it.  I can't even begin to tell you guys.  So, as a treat to both you and me, I decided to share a little excerpt from what I am currently writing.  Just keep in mind that this has not been edited at all.  (not even a little bit)  It is subject to change during the editing process.  I hope you enjoy this look into Izzy's new adventure!

To set up the scene, this is an interaction between Izzy and a Guardian named Conall.  Conall is Isadora's son and he happens to wear an eye patch.  Yeah, I think that is all you need to know about this.  :)


           “The man I am supposed to trust most in the world is keeping things from me.  My future is never going to be my own again.  Someone is murdering seers. It is just the usual.”  I sniffled as I hastily attempted to dry up the evidence of my pity party.
           “So what are you going to do about it?”  He asked in his rich brogue as he lifted the brow over his good eye.
           “I have no idea.  But wallowing seems like a good plan for now.”  I said lowering my head into my hands.  I was shocked by the sudden presence of a warm hand resting against my back.  I looked back up to find Conall staring at me thoughtfully.  “Um, what are you doing?”
          “Trying to comfort you.”  He smiled devilishly.  He was dangerous for so many reasons.  None of which I was interested in.  I might have been mad at Kennan but it didn’t change how I felt.
          “Um, do you think you could stop?” 
          “Your every wish is my command.”
          “How did you lose your eye?”  I blurted hoping to change the subject.
          “You are not at all how you are supposed to be.”  He laughed.
          “No, I suppose not.  But if you wouldn’t mind telling me, I could really use the distraction.” 
            “It is really rude to just ask someone how they lost a part of their body.  You know that right?”  I could tell by his tone I had not offended him.  From everything I could tell it would take a lot more than that to do the trick.



I hope you enjoyed your first look at "See How She Fights."

xoxo,
Michelle

P.S. This is the schedule of upcoming Izzy books!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh...I smell trouble! Trouble disguised as a hot Guardian named Conall! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Conall, how I love him. I really need to stop falling in love my fictional characters. It probably isn't the healthiest thing in the world to do. :)

      Delete
  2. I would say stop writing such wonderful male characters but I'm enjoying them too much! Thanks for the excerpt - I'm so excited for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I don't know where these guys surface from but I am a fan. :D I need to make some Guardian trading cards or something. LOL.

      Delete